Dani Pedrosa has won the San Marino MotoGP after charging forwards from eighth on the grid to become MotoGP’s eighth different race winner in a row!
It is Pedrosa’s first victory since Sepang 2015.
Local star Valentino Rossi and Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo completed the podium, with world championship leader Marc Marquez forced to settle for fourth.
Cal Crutchlow was given a post-race time penalty for exceeding track limits.
Andrea Iannone was ruled out of the remainder of the weekend due to a fracture of the T3 vertebra on Friday morning, with Jack Miller withdrawing on Sunday morning due to pain from an injured hand.
Alex Lowes was replacing the injured Bradley Smith for the second time, with Xavi Fores in place of Loris Baz at Avintia. Baz was injured in last weekend’s British MotoGP.
Ducati test rider Michele Pirro had a wild-card entry, then took over Iannone’s place at the factory team…
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 43m 43.524s
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 43m 46.361s
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 43m 47.883s
4. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 43m 53.093s
5. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 43m 58.991s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 44m 3.200s
7. Michele Pirro ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP) 44m 6.460s
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 44m 10.679s
9. Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 44m 10.726s
10. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 44m 17.492s
11. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 44m 22.730s
12. Stefan Bradl GER Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 44m 23.491s
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 26.521s
14. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 32.974s
15. Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 44m 38.403s
16. Yonny Hernandez COL Aspar MotoGP Team (Desmosedici GP14.2) 44m 48.596s
17. Tito Rabat ESP Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 5 laps
Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) DNF
Javier Fores ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) DNF
Alex Lowes GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) DNF